Quesadillas are one of my favourite foods; it’s so easy to throw some tasty leftovers into some tortillas along with plenty of cheese and cooking them until the tortillas are crispy and the cheese is all melted, ooe, gooey and goods! Yum! Chicken fajitas, marinated chicken, sauteed with onions and peppers, work fantastically well in quesadilla form and they are so easy to make! I like to serve these quesadillas, fajita style, topped with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa!
2023/09/21 Updated photos and recipe!
Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
Cheesy quesadillas filled with tasty chicken, peppers and onions!
- 2 (8 inch) tortillas (corn tortillas for gluten free)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup chicken fajitas, warm
- Heat a pan over medium heat, place one tortilla in the pan, sprinkle half of the cheese followed by the chicken fajitas, the remaining cheese and remaining tortilla.
- Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Option: Use your favourite melty cheese or combination of melty cheeses.
Option: Serve topped with guacamole, salsa, pico de gallo, sour cream, etc.
Tip: To easily flip the quesadilla: When the first side is done cooking, place a small plate on top of the quesadilla in the pan, pick the pan up, hold the plate, flip the pan, lower the plate, with the quesadilla on it, place the pan back onto the burner, slide the quesadilla from the plate back into the pan with the uncooked side down.
Chicken Fajita Salad
Chicken Fajita Burrito Bowls
Chicken Fajita Grilled Cheese
Sweet Chili Chicken Quesadilla
Spicy Peanut Chicken Quesadillas
Tandoori Chicken Quesadillas
Chicken Satay Quesadillas with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Breakfast Chorizo Quesadilla Topped with a Fried Egg
Pizza Quesadillas (aka Pizzadillas)
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas