Sometimes my freezer seems like it is an uncontrollable monster that is always full and I am engaged in an unending battle to free some space in it. Although it is sometimes scary to do so, I like to try opening it up every once in a while to try to find something to use to make some more space. When I braved opening the freezer up this time I found the last of the
that I had made a few weeks ago and I decided to finish it off. The salsa naranga is a salsa with a base of oranges and sweet chili sauce that is built up with chilies and plenty of fresh herbs. I was thinking that some sweet chili sweet chili quesadillaswould hit the spot, I mean its hard to go wrong with a lightly toasted tortilla overflowing with melted cheesy goodness, and as luck would have it, I also had some leftover shredded chicken in the freezer. In addition to the cheese, chicken and salsa I added some sauteed onions and even more fresh herbs to round things out. I guess I have to admit that these quesadillas prove that there are some really tasty meals lurking around in the freezer!
Of course I like to top my quesadillas with even more salsa which makes them a bit messy but even tastier!
Sweet Chili Chicken Quesadilla
Chicken quesadillas with sweet chili sauce, fresh herbs and plenty of melted cheesy goodness.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 (10 inch) tortilla
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup warm, cooked, shredded chicken or orange chicken bulgogi
- 2 tablespoons salsa naranja or sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon basil, torn
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, torn
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and saute until they start to caramelize, about 7-10 minutes, set aside and reduce the heat to medium
- Place the tortilla in the pan, sprinkle half of the cheese over half of the tortilla, then top with the onions, the chicken, salsa, sesame seeds, basil and cilantro and the remaining cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half covering the filling and cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Serve garnished with more salsa, sesame seeds and herbs.
Taco Quesadilla Pizzas
Spicy Peanut Chicken Quesadillas
Sweet Chili Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
Tandoori Chicken Quesadillas
Thai Chicken Pizza with Sweet Chili Sauce
Bacon Jam and Guacamole Quesadilla with Fried Egg with Bacon Jam Vinaigrette Drizzle
Sweet Chili Chicken and Avocado Enchiladas
Skillet Sweet Chili Chicken
Thai Sweet Chili Chicken Buddha Bowls
Chicken and Avocado Quesadillas