Once the creative juices started flowing, they just kept on going and up next was tandoori chicken quesadillas. I made sure to include a bit of heat in the marinade for the tandoori chicken and of course the spicy chicken reminded me of texmex food, quesadillas in particular. I figured the spicy tandoori chicken would work well in a quesadilla but it seemed a little lonely and I thought that some sauteed onions and peppers would help round things out. After that it was just a matter of adding cheese, placing everything in between two tortillas and grilling it up. The spicy tandoori chicken worked really well in quesadilla form! It was just like a regular quesadilla except that the distinctly Indian flavours from the tandoori marinade were coming through. I served the quesadillas with a quick, finely diced pico de galo .
Tandoori Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup bell peppers (sliced thinly)
- 1/4 cup onion (sliced thinly)
- 1/4 cup tandoori chicken (shredded)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 (8 inch tortillas)
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the peppers and onions and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle on half of the cheese onto the tortilla followed by peppers, onions and chicken followed by the remaining cheese and top it all off with the second tortilla.
- Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted.