You knew this was coming right? 🙂 Just by looking at the list of ingredients in the marinade for the
I knew that it would be packed with flavour and I thought: Wouldn’t that tasty chicken tandoori make for a great chicken salad sandwich? And wouldn’t that sandwich be even better if it had cheese and it was buttered up and grilled until the cheese melted? With that thought I knew that I would have to try it out and so I doubled the chicken tandoori recipe so that I would have plenty of extra to play with. I kept the tandoori chicken salad pretty simple, adding mayo, onions, cilantro and an extra hit of chili pepper heat. The grilled cheese chicken tandoori salad sandwich turned out really well! The flavour of the tandoori marinade came through in the sandwich and it was pretty amazing when combined with the mayo and the hit of lemon juice. I could not resist serving the sandwich with a side of mango chutney which somehow seemed appropriate. I will definitely need to make sure to make extra tandoori chicken the next time that I make it so that I can make more of these sandwiches.
Tandoori Chicken Melt
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1/2 cup tandoori chicken (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon red onion (diced)
- 1 small green chili (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (chopped)
- 1 splash lemon juice
- 2 slices bread
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter (room temperature)
- Mix the mayo, chicken, onions, cilantro and lemon juice.
- Assemble sandwich, butter it up and grill it until the cheese has melted and the bread is golden brown on both sides.