You can never go wrong with grilled meat on a stick, especially when it’s been marinated in a tasty sauce before being grilled! The marinade for this chicken is the simple combination of olive oil, yogurt, lemon juice, tomato paste, garlic, paprika, cumin and oregano and it is delicious! After the chicken has been marinated, it’s skewered up and grilled to perfection! I like to enjoy shish tawook right off of the stick and i’s also fabulous in gyros, wraps, salads, sandwiches, etc. When serving it in a gyro, I like to fill it would a tabbouleh (a cumber and tomato salad), toum (a creamy garlic sauce) and sumac onions (pickled onions with soumac)!
Aka Shish Taouk, is a Middle Eastern marinated, skewered and grilled chicken that’s easy to make and tasty!
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, grated/minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- Mix the yogurt, oil, lemon juice, tomato paste, garlic, paprika, ground cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Mix the chicken into the marinade and marinate, covered, in the fridge for 20 minutes to overnight.
- Skewer the chicken and grill over medium-high heat until cooked through and slightly charred, about 2-5 minutes per side.
Honey Chipotle Grilled Chicken Skewers
Bacon BBQ Chicken Skewers
Grilled Chicken Souvlaki
Dakkochi (Korean Grilled Chicken Skewers)
Moroccan Grilled Chicken Kabobs
Grilled Tandoori Chicken Skewers
Yakitori (Japanese Grilled Chicken Skewers)
Pesto Grilled Chicken, Zucchini and Tomato Skewers
Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Peri Peri Grilled Chicken Skewers
Leave a Reply