Sumac onions are a Middle-eastern style of pickled onions where red onions are pickled in the simple mixture of lemon juice, red wine vinegar, salt, sugar and plenty of sumac. These pickled onions are super easy to make and you can start enjoying them after letting them pickle for only a short period of time, though they do get better if you let then sit overnight or even longer. Pickle onions are great as a condiment in wraps, sandwiches, etc. or as a side, or in a salad, etc.!
Quick and easy pickled onions with sumac!
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Mix the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, salt and sugar until the salt and sugar have dissolved.
- Mix everything and let sit, covered, for 1 hour to overnight in the fridge.