Sweet, spicy, salty and sour, this honey chipotle chicken has it all! Chicken is marinated in a simple honey, chipotle sauce with apple cider vinegar and soy sauce, before being skewered up and grilled. These chicken skewers are the perfect summer appetizer or finger food, eaten straight from the stick, it’s also great on a plate, in a salad, in sandwiches, in tacos, etc. I like to make a double or even a triple batch when I make this so that there is plenty of it to use in different ways. Only half of the honey chipotle sauce is used for the marinating and the rest can be used for basting the chicken as it’s grilled, or it can be served on the side for dipping, or used as a salad dressing, a sauce in tacos, or whatever you are using the chicken in!
Honey Chipotle Grilled Chicken Skewers
Chicken marinated in a tasty honey and chipotle sauce, skewered up and grilled to perfection!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chipotle chilies and adobo sauce (from a can)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or lime juice)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- Puree the honey, chipotle chilies and adobo sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and cumin in a food processor.
- Marinate the chicken in half of the honey chipotle sauce for 20 minutes to overnight.
- Skewer the chicken and grill over medium-high heat until slightly charred and cooked, about 2-5 minutes per side.
- Serve with the remaining honey chipotle sauce for dipping!
Option: Add 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce to the sauce.
Option: Replace the honey with maple syrup.
Bacon BBQ Chicken Skewers
Grilled Chicken Souvlaki
Dakkochi (Korean Grilled Chicken Skewers)
Moroccan Grilled Chicken Kabobs
Grilled Tandoori Chicken Skewers
Yakitori (Japanese Grilled Chicken Skewers)
Pesto Grilled Chicken, Zucchini and Tomato Skewers
Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
Peri Peri Grilled Chicken Skewers