One of my favourite flavour combinations is sweet roasted red peppers with creamy and tangy goat cheese which is simply divine in this creamy roasted red pepper and spinach goat cheese skillet chicken! This dish is so quick and easy to make that it’s perfect for weeknight dinners and yet it’s also great for entertaining, not to mention that’s it only uses one skillet! The recipe is as simple as grilling some chicken, sautéing some onions and garlic and then creating the tasty sauce with a combination of pureed roasted red peppers, goat cheese and chicken broth which is simmered until the goat cheese melts completely making the sauce oh so nice and creamy! I often like to add some vegetables and fresh spinach is my veggie of choice but lots of other ones work just as well! Serve this creamy roasted red pepper and spinach goat cheese skillet chicken over quinoa, rice, pasta, etc with a side of steamed veggies or a salad and you have one tasty dinner that is perfect for any night of the week, even a busy work night!
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Goat Cheese Skillet Chicken
Chicken ins a quick, easy and tasty creamy roasted red pepper and goat cheese sauce with spinach.
- 1 cup chicken broth or chicken stock
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon oil*
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless and boneless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 cups baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Puree the broth and roasted red peppers and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, season the chicken with salt and pepper, add the chicken to the pan and cook until lightly golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and saute until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the pureed broth and roasted red peppers to the pan along with the goat cheese, bring to a simmer and cook until warmed and the cheese has completely melted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted before adding the chicken and seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Spinach and Artichoke Skillet Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
Thai Peanut Chicken Saute
Chicken in a Creamy Parmesan and Sundried Tomato Sauce
Chicken and Mushroom Skillet in a Creamy Asiago and Mustard Sauce
Creamy Lemon Chicken
Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Alfredo Pasta
Goat Cheese, Roasted Red Pepper and Kalamata Olive Mac n Cheese
Chicken, Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Lasagna
Grilled Goat Cheese and Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Sandwich
Roasted Red Pepper Pesto on Penne
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Cauliflower Soup with Goat Cheese
Balsamic Maple Dijon Chicken with Bacon Sauce
Creamy Bacon Honey Dijon Skillet Chicken
Rustic Roasted Garlic Chicken with Asiago Gravy
One Pan Greek Lemon Chicken Rice with Roast Garlic
Chickpea and Red Pepper Paprika
Creamy Salsa Verde Skillet Chicken
Skillet Chicken Verde
Skillet Chicken in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Creamy Skillet Garlic Chicken
Lemon Chicken Romano