When I was at the grocery store I saw something new. They were “long peppers” and they looked very tasty. I tried one raw and it was very good and really sweet. They are perfect for snacking or in a salad. I had been meaning to try roasting my own peppers for a while and this was the perfect opportunity. And so I made roasted red pepper pesto.
Roasted Red Pepper Pesto on Penne
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (toasted)
- 2 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano (grated)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place everything into a food processor and puree.
- Serve on penne or gluten free penne and enjoy!
Greek Style Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
Roasted Tomato and Blue Cheese Sauce
Sundried Tomato Pesto
Greek Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Pasta with Feta and Kalamata Olives
Grilled Goat Cheese and Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Sandwich
Roasted Red Pepper and Walnut Pesto
Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Alfredo Pasta
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Goat Cheese Skillet Chicken