Are you looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner that’s just packed with flavour? This balsamic maple dijon chicken with bacon sauce will hit the spot! This one pan recipe is so nice and simple! You start out by cooking the bacon, setting it aside to cook the chicken, followed by some onion and garlic and then you build the sauce with chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and dijon mustard! It’s that simple! Throw it on some rice, pasta, mashed potatoes/cauliflower, etc to soak up any extra sauce along with a side of veggies or a salad and you have a super easy meal that is perfect for busy weeknights!
Balsamic Maple Dijon Chicken with Bacon Sauce
Chicken in a tasty bacon balsamic, maple-dijon sauce that is both quick and easy and just packed with flavour!
- 6 strips bacon
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, pat dry
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour (rice flour flour for gluten-free)
- 1/3 cup chicken broth (link this)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or tamari)
- Cook the bacon in a large pan until crispy and set aside on paper towels to drain and cool before crumbling.
- Cook the chicken in bacon drippings in the same pan over medium-high heat until lightly golden brown and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Add the onions and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes, before adding the garlic and flour and cooking until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the chicken broth and deglaze the pan by scraping all of the brown bits from the bottom of the pan into the sauce.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, mustards, soy sauce, bacon and chicken, bring the sauce to a simmer and cook until it thickens a bit, about 2-3 minutes.
Option: Replace the chicken broth with white wine.
Option: Add cream to the sauce!
Option: Add hot sauce like sriracha for some spicy heat!
Maple-Miso Dijon Salmon
Curried Honey Dijon Roasted Chicken
Honey Dijon Pretzel Chicken
Crispy Baked Cheddar Dijon Chicken Tenders
Chicken in a Creamy Parmesan and Sundried Tomato Sauce
Chicken in a Mushroom, Tarragon and Mustard Sauce
Chicken and Mushroom Skillet in a Creamy Asiago and Mustard Sauce
Creamy Chicken and Sundried Tomato Pasta
Creamy Lemon Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Skillet Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Goat Cheese Skillet Chicken
Maple Dijon Grilled Chicken
Thai Peanut Chicken Saute
Maple Dijon Apple Cider Grilled Pork Chops
Maple Dijon Roasted Carrots
Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops
Creamy Bacon Honey Dijon Skillet Chicken
Rustic Roasted Garlic Chicken with Asiago Gravy
Apricot Glazed Bacon Wrapped Cajun Pork Tenderloin
One Pan Greek Lemon Chicken Rice with Roast Garlic
Creamy Salsa Verde Skillet Chicken
Baked Firecracker Chicken
Skillet Chicken Verde
Pan Seared Balsamic Strawberry Chicken and Brie
Balsamic Caprese Baked Chicken
Easy Baked Honey Dijon Chicken
Creamy Skillet Garlic Chicken
Lemon Chicken Romano
Heather Christo says
These flavors are incredible!
I love all of that sauce!
Anne Nelson says
This looks fantastic!
Looks great… you need to note adding crumbled bacon back to the sauce.
Kim Melander says
Looks wonderful. ..Kevin, are you ever going to have a "print recipe" icon for easy mobile printing?
Kim Melander: I have to look into that!
Anita Marks says
I made this for dinner and yes so favorable. Love it! There was one problem, the recipe didn’t produce as much sauce in the pictures above. Maybe next time I’ll double the sauce ingredients. Thanks!
I made this tonight and it was really delicious! I did double the sauce and I’m so glad I did. Thanks for the recipe!
Nancy Salmon says
Can this be cooked ahead and re-heated? I have my brunch buddies that come every Sunday after church and I’m always looking for recipes other than the usual, french toast, etc.
This can be made ahead of time and re-heated! Enjoy!
I rarely review recipes but felt I had to review this one because it was OUTSTANDING! I followed the recipe exactly, except I doubled the sauce and poured it over some cauliflower rice. I used a high quality syrup and also cooked a whole large onion in the bacon grease until it caramelized, which is what really put the dish over the top. Sadly, I forgot to refrigerate it once it cooled and it sat out all night. I may or may not have cried a few tears over it lol!
I made this tonight for the first time and will definitely make it again!
I’m glad I read the reviews before making so I did double the sauce!
So delicious! Great recipe!