Today I have a tasty and super easy side dish for you that is perfect for Easter, or any other dinner for that matter, some maple dijon roasted carrots. This isn’t your average maple dijon glaze as I have kicked it up with the addition of garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar and miso which really creates a beautiful blend of flavours that would be perfect on just about anything and in particular these tender roasted carrots! It requires very little active effort to make this side dish, you simply clean the carrots, mix the glaze, toss the carrot in the glaze and roast until tender. That’s less than 5 minutes of active time to create a fabulous side dish for your meal! I like to toss the carrots in the glaze both before roasting and after so that you get that nice caramelized glaze from the roasting and the fresh glaze to brighten the flavour. If you are looking for a side dish for your Easter meal you can’t go wrong with these maple dijon roasted carrots!
Just look at that amazing glistening maple dijon glaze.
Maple Dijon Roasted Carrots
Sweet and tender roasted carrots in a tasty maple dijon glaze.
- 2 pounds carrots, well scrubbed or peeled
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon white miso paste (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- Toss the carrots in half of the mixture of the oil, maple syrup, mustards, miso, vinegar, soy sauce and garlic, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until tender and lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes, turning half way through, before tossing them in the remaining glaze and serving.
Note: You should be able to find the miso in the Asian section of grocery stores and if you cannot find it simply omit it and these carrots will still be amazing!
Maple Dijon Roasted Asparagus
Maple Dijon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Maple-Miso Dijon Salmon
Maple Glazed Bacon Wrapped Roasted Carrots
Balsamic Honey and Mustard Pork Chops
Maple Roasted Carrots in Tahini Sauce with Pomegranate and Pistachios
Honey Sriracha Roasted Carrots
Roasted Mushrooms in a Browned Butter, Garlic and Thyme Sauce
Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops
Balsamic Maple Dijon Chicken with Bacon Sauce
Creamy Bacon Honey Dijon Skillet Chicken
Maple Dijon Green Beans with Bacon, Candied Pecans and Goat Cheese
Apricot Glazed Bacon Wrapped Cajun Pork Tenderloin
Balsamic Soy Roasted Garlic Mushrooms