It’s time for another quick and easy chicken dish and this time it’s a spring themed creamy lemon chicken! This chicken is just as easy as it sounds where the boneless and skinless chicken breasts are cooked until golden brown and then a quick pan sauce is made with white wine, chicken broth, cream, lemon and parmesan along with a touch of dijon mustard for some tang and plenty of fresh cracked black pepper. In addition to being simple to make this dish takes less that 30 minutes giving you plenty of time to cook some pasta, rice, quinoa, etc. and some vegetables to serve it with! Instead of just serving this creamy lemon chicken on pasta with a side of veggies you could also slice up the chicken and toss it with the sauce and pasta along with the veggies like I did this time with fettuccine, asparagus and peas. I like to add fresh chopped dill to the creamy lemon sauce but other fresh herbs like parsley or tarragon are also nice and they make the sauce just a little bit fresher and brighter!
Creamy Lemon Chicken
A light and fresh creamy lemon chicken that is quick and easy to make!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless and skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or broth)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 lemon, zest and juice (or 1/4 cup lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped (optional)
- Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat, season the chicken with salt and pepper, place in the pan and cook until lightly golden brown and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the wine and deglaze the pan before adding the broth, cream, lemon zest and juice mustard and chicken and simmering to reduce until the sauce has thickened a bit, about 3-5 minutes.
- Mix in the parmesan, let it melt, season with salt and pepper to taste and mix in the dill before removing from heat.
Option: For One-Pan: Make this a one-pan meal by adding 8 ounces of pasta and 2 1/4 cups broth or water (or 1 cup of rice and 2 cups broth or water) to the sauce in step 3 and simmer, covered, until cooked, about 12 minutes (or 20 minutes for rice).
Option: Serve sliced and tossed in pasta along with vegetables like asparagus and peas.
Chicken in a Creamy Parmesan and Sundried Tomato Sauce
Chicken and Mushroom Skillet in a Creamy Asiago and Mustard Sauce
Honey Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry
Honey Lemon Chicken
20 Minute Light Orange Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Skillet Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Goat Cheese Skillet Chicken
Thai Peanut Chicken Saute
Creamy Lemon Grilled Chicken, Asparagus and Artichoke Pasta
Balsamic Maple Dijon Chicken with Bacon Sauce
Creamy Bacon Honey Dijon Skillet Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Sesame Chicken
Cilantro Lime Skillet Chicken
Honey and Lime Jalapeno Chicken
Pan Seared Balsamic Strawberry Chicken and Brie