Today I have a fresh and summery Creamy Lemon Grilled Chicken, Asparagus and Artichoke Pasta! The idea for this pasta came from the flavours of my favourite snack, spinach and artichoke dip, and I was thinking that it would be nice to take a summery twist where the spinach was replaced with asparagus. Things kind of flowed from there, I wanted to use the flavours in a dinner so I went with a pasta and since it’s summer I decided to grill the asparagus, because out door cooking is always fun, and since I had the grill on anyways why not grill up some chicken? The dip flavours come from using cream cheese to make the sauce along with plenty of parmesan! To brighten things up I add lemon and parsley making this one really summery dish! This creamy lemon grilled chicken, asparagus and artichoke pasta is just packed with the flavours of spinach and artichoke dip and the summery twist with the asparagus and lemon is simply amazing!
Creamy Lemon Grilled Chicken, Asparagus and Artichoke Pasta
A bright and fresh grilled chicken and asparagus pasta in a creamy lemon and artichoke sauce!
- 1/2 pound boneless and skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound asparagus, washed and trimmed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 ounce fettuccine (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese (reduced fat), room temperature, cubed
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 cup milk (or broth or pasta water)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 3-5 minutes per side before setting aside.
- Toss the asparagus spears in the oil, salt and pepper and grill over medium-high heat until crisp-tender and slightly charred before setting aside to cool and slicing into bite sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the cream cheese and let it melt before mixing in the parmesan, milk and artichokes and cooking until all of the cheese has melted.
- Mix in the pasta, lemon juice and zest, parsley, season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Option: Add red pepper flakes to taste with the garlic for some heat!
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pasta
Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Tortellini Soup
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza
Spinach and Artichoke Hummus
Artichoke and Spinach Frittata
Pastitsio (Greek Lasagna) with Greens
Spinach and Artichoke Skillet Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
Creamy Lemon Chicken
Honey Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry
Asparagus and Artichoke Breakfast Casserole
Za’atar Grilled Chicken
Broccoli and Bacon Chicken Alfredo Linguine
Pan Seared Balsamic Strawberry Chicken and Brie
Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Cajun Chicken Alfredo
My boys would love this for a weeknight meal!
What a great chicken recipe!!
Looks like another winner!
Julie Wampler says
Do you deliver? This looks amazing, Kevin!
Heather Christo says
this looks so incredibly delicious- perfect dinner!
Natasha @ Salt and Lavender says
Yum! I'm big on simple pasta dishes and this fits the bill. So good.
Made this last night for company. It was delicious. The lemony flavourful came out wonderful. Had all the ingredients prepped ahead of time. Cooked the asparagus and chicken early and then cooked the spaghetti and made up the sauce after our friends came. With in 10 minutes we were sitting down to eat. Everybody loved it.
Itsmeee Vanilla says
This is soo yummy!
Looks great! I'm assuming that the pasta gets mixed with the sauce in step 5, and the chicken and the asparagus is put on top before the salt and pepper in step 6.
I am always looking for something different to do with chicken and this recipe looked very interesting. I cut the chicken into bite size pieces and added it along with the asparagus and mixed it in. It was very good, but I think next time I will use less lemon. Thanks for the recipe.
Always love your recipes and pictures. Thanks for wanting to do this blog. I make one similar to this, but use mascarpone instead of cream cheese. Mascarpone has a few more calories, but makes it taste really decadent.
nonna23: Mascarpone would be so good!
Made it for dinner tonight and it was DELICIOUS!! Thanks for the great recipe!
This was so good!
This is a great recipe! Easy to make and good to eat! Can’t beat that!
Made this tonight and it was delicious. I only used half a lemon as the sauce tasted good at that point.
Just made the one pot option tonight with long grain rice (simmered 40 min) in my Dutch oven and substituted roasted green beans. This was an amazing dish, full of flavor, easy to make and minimal mess to clean up after. Even my 12 year old liked it. Going in my list of favorite meals!
This looks so tasty! Spring is here, can’t wait to get the grill out.
1/2 lb of chicken breast does not seam enough to feed 4 people???
I would use 1/2 lb per person.
I have copied the recipe and would love to try it without the pasta and creme cheese but over quinoa or brown rice. for a healthier choice. It looks delicious!