Mardi Gras is tomorrow and a great way to celebrate is with some cajun inspired food, like this cajun chicken alfredo! This is a super simple chicken alfredo recipe where both the chicken and the alfredo sauce are seasoned with a cajun seasoning. The alfredo sauce itself is a simple mixture of cream and parmesan cheese, not to mention the butter and garlic! Yum! The chicken is seasoned with the cajun seasoning and then blackened or seared in a skillet before being sliced and served with the alfredo sauce tossed with a pasta of choice for a quick meal that is ready in less than 30 minutes! This meal is perfect for Mardi Gras, or date night or even for special occasions with guests!
I like to kick things up a bit with extras like andouille sausage, red bell peppers and collard greens!
Cajun Chicken Alfredo
A quick and easy chicken alfredo with cajun seasoning!
- 8 ounces pasta (such as linguine or fettuccine or penne, etc.) (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 1/2 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1/2 tablespoon cajun seasoning (or to taste)
- Start cooking the pasta as directed on the package.
- Heat the oil and melt the butter in a skillet or heavy bottom pan over medium-high heat, season the chicken with the cajun seasoning, add to the pan and sear until cooked, about 2-4 minutes per side, and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the pan and saute, in the remaining oil and butter, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the wine to the pan and deglaze by scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon as the wine sizzles.
- Add the heavy cream, parmesan and cajun seasoning and cook until the cheese has melted and the sauce thickens a bit, about 3-5 minutes.
- Toss the pasta in with the alfredo sauce along with the chicken and enjoy.
Option: Garnish with chopped parsley and/or cilantro, or sliced green onions.
Option: Add a splash of lemon juice at the end.
Option: Add extra meat and/or veggies such as sliced andouille sausage, bell peppers, collard greens, kale, swiss chard, green beans, etc.
Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Alfredo Pasta
Chargrilled Oyster Pasta
Cajun Shrimp Cauliflower Alfredo Linguini
Light and Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Linguine
Blackened Salmon with Avocado Salsa
Blackened Shrimp Avocado Cucumber Bites
Seared Scallops in a Cajun Mustard Cream Sauce
Broccoli and Bacon Chicken Alfredo Linguine
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
Steak in Creamy Cajun Shrimp Sauce (Surf and Turf)
Creamy Cajun Tomato and Garlic Shrimp Pasta
Cajun Butter Garlic Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Lime Avocado Sauce
Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Linguine
Creamy Lemon Grilled Chicken, Asparagus and Artichoke Pasta