I always enjoy steak for Valentine’s Day and things only get better when you add some seafood (surf and turf) like in this steak in creamy cajun shrimp sauce. This recipe is so easy to make! You pretty much just season the steaks in cajun seasoning (I like to make my own to control the amount of salt in it), sear them and set them aside before starting on the shrimp sauce in the same pan. The shrimp sauce is a simple butter, garlic and cream based sauce along with the shrimp and more cajun seasoning that is finished off with parmesan cheese; basically a cajun take on an alfredo sauce! Once everything is done you serve the steaks smothered in the creamy cajun shrimp sauce and enjoy!
Steak in Creamy Cajun Shrimp Sauce (Surf and Turf)
Pan seared steak in a creamy cajun shrimp sauce! Surf n turf at it’s best!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pound steak (such as strip loin, rib eye, etc.)
- cajun seasoning to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (or dry white wine)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the steaks, seasoned with cajun seasoning to taste, and sear until lightly browned on both sides and cooked to the desired level of doneness, before setting aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the butter and let it melt before adding the shrimp and cooking until just pink on both sides, about 1-2 minutes per side, and set aside.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth and deglaze the pan by scraping up any brown bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon as the broth sizzles.
- Add the cream, mix in the dijon mustard and cajun seasoning, bring to a boil and let simmer for a minute.
- Mix in the cheese and let it melt into the sauce.
- Mix in the lemon juice, parsley and shrimp and serve over the steaks!
Pan Seared Steaks with Sauteed Mushrooms and Roasted Garlic Gorgonzola Butter
Pan Seared Steaks with Balsamic Red Onions and Roasted Garlic and Porcini Mushroom Goat Cheese Butter
Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
Steak Tenderloin in a Pink Peppercorn Sauce
Mushroom and Peppercorn Crusted Steak in a Creamy Brie Mushroom Sauce
Steak Tenderloin in a Mushroom and Blue Cheese Sauce
Chicken Fried Steak
Cocoa Crusted Steak with Shishito Peppers
Cajun Butter Garlic Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Lime Avocado Sauce
Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Linguine
Cajun Garlic Butter Steak Bites
Pan Seared Steak in Creamy Peppercorn Sauce
Pan Seared Steak in Blue Cheese Sauce
Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Cajun Chicken Carbonara