Not too long ago I discovered green peppercorns and I enjoyed them in a steak with green peppercorn sauce dish. Since then I had been keeping an eye out for peppercorns and I recently came across some brined pink peppercorns. What a perfect excuse to enjoy another steak! This time I envisioned a perfectly seared steak covered in a red wine and pink peppercorn sauce with shallots and some green parsley for a nice contrasting colour. The steak with pink peppercorns turned out to be another one of those meals that was quick and easy and tasted great! Where the green peppercorns were softer and milder the pink peppercorns were harder and stronger. Combined with the crushed black peppercorns this steak was really peppery, which I liked. (If you are not a huge fan of pepper you should cut down on the amount of both peppercorns.) I really enjoyed the slightly hard texture of the pink peppercorns and getting that nice burst of pepper when biting into them. I served the steak in pink peppercorn sauce on a bed of white cheddar and garlic mashed potatoes along with a simple salad.
Steak Tenderloin in a Pink Peppercorn Sauce
- 1 tablespoon mixed peppercorns (roughly crushed)
- 2 steaks
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns in brine
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- Press the steaks into the peppercorns to coat and season with salt.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Sear the steaks on high heat on both sides for about 2-4 minutes per side for medium-rare and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the pan.
- Add the shallots and peppercorns and saute until the shallots are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the red wine and deglaze the pan.
- Add the beef stock and mustard and simmer to reduce by half.
Steak Tenderloin in a Green Peppercorn Sauce
Sichuan Peppercorn Tenderloin Steak
Ribeye Steak in Red Wine Sauce
Steak Tenderloin in a Mushroom and Blue Cheese Sauce
Double Smoked Bacon Wrapped Fillet Mignon with Caramelized Mushrooms
Mushroom and Peppercorn Crusted Steak in a Creamy Brie Mushroom Sauce
Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
Pan Seared Steaks with Sauteed Mushrooms and Roasted Garlic Gorgonzola Butter
Pan Seared Steaks with Balsamic Red Onions and Roasted Garlic and Porcini Mushroom Goat Cheese Butter
Garlic Butter Skillet Steak Bites and Potatoes
Steak in Creamy Cajun Shrimp Sauce (Surf and Turf)