Chicken alfredo pasta is so nice and easy to make at home and it’s even better with the addition of broccoli and bacon! Chicken alfredo is a classic dish where pasta and chicken is served in a creamy alfredo sauce which traditionally consists of butter and parmesan cheese and these days often contains cream. This broccoli and bacon chicken alfredo pasta is as easy to make as cooking the pasta, pan frying the bacon followed by the chicken before making the sauce with butter, parmesan, garlic, cream and plenty of fresh cracked pepper and tossing it with the pasta, chicken, bacon and broccoli! All said and done this meal takes about 30 minutes so it’s perfect for a rushed night and it’s also impressive enough to serve to guests!
Broccoli and Bacon Chicken Alfredo Linguine
A quick and easy chicken alfredo recipe with broccoli and bacon!
- 8 ounces linguine (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- 1 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cooked
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped (optional)
- Start cooking the linguine as directed on the package.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large pan over medium heat before setting aside on paper towels to drain.
- Heat the oil and melt the butter in the pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken and cook, browning on both sides, about 3-6 minutes per side, before setting aside to cool and slice.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute, before adding the chicken broth and deglazing the pan by scraping any brown bits from the bottom with a spoon while the broth simmers.
- Add the cream and cheese and simmer until the sauce has thickened a bit and the cheese has melted before seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the cooked and drained pasta, bacon, chicken, broccoli and parsley and enjoy!
Option: Add a splash of lemon juice to brighten things up a bit!
Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
Light and Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Linguine
Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Alfredo Pasta
Avocado and Goat Cheese Alfredo Pasta
Creamy Lemon Grilled Chicken, Asparagus and Artichoke Pasta
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
Pan Seared Balsamic Strawberry Chicken and Brie