Quick and easy one-pan chicken dinners are always good and since there is so much that you can do with chicken it never needs to be boring! This spinach and artichoke skillet chicken with sundried tomatoes is my new favourite way of making a chicken dinner and it has all of the flavours of spinach and artichoke dip! I mean who doesn’t love spinach and artichoke dip and who wouldn’t want it for dinner? The recipe is really simple and it’s kept pretty light by using a combination of low fat cream cheese and chicken broth as the base of the sauce and it is further flavoured with parmesan cheese and garlic along with a touch of spicy heat from red pepper flakes. I sometimes like to add sundried tomatoes to my spinach and artichoke dip so they were a must and of course there is plenty of both spinach and artichokes to finish things off! You can serve this spinach and artichoke skillet chicken with sundried tomatoes by itself or over pasta, rice, quinoa, etc and combined with a simple veggie side you have a complete, and supper tasty, meal in under 30 minutes!
Spinach and Artichoke Skillet Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
A quick and easy, one pan spinach and artichoke chicken with sundried tomatoes! All of the flavours of spinach and artichoke dip in a light and tasty chicken dinner!
- 1 tablespoon oil*
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless and boneless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth or chicken stock
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced fat cream cheese, room temperature and cut into cubes
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan) cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, sliced
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, season the chicken with salt and pepper, add the chicken to the pan and cook until lightly golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes to the pan and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth and deglaze the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the cream cheese and cook, stirring, until the cream cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes.
- Add the spinach, artichokes, parmesan and sundried tomatoes and cook unit the spinach has melted before adding the chicken and enjoying!
Option: For One-Pan: Make this a one-pan meal by adding 8 ounces of pasta and 2 1/4 cups broth or water (or 1 cup of rice and 2 cups broth or water) to the sauce in step 4 and simmer, covered, until cooked, about 12 minutes (or 20 minutes for rice).
Note: When I am using oil packed sundried tomatoes like in this recipe I like to use the oil from the far whenever possible to add even more flavour!
Option: Add shredded mozzarella for an even cheesier sauce!
Chicken in a Creamy Parmesan and Sundried Tomato Sauce
Chicken and Mushroom Skillet in a Creamy Asiago and Mustard Sauce
Creamy Lemon Chicken
Thai Peanut Chicken Saute
Creamy Chicken and Sundried Tomato Pasta
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Tortellini Soup
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pasta
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza
Spinach and Artichoke Hummus
Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Goat Cheese Skillet Chicken
Creamy Lemon Grilled Chicken, Asparagus and Artichoke Pasta
Balsamic Maple Dijon Chicken with Bacon Sauce
Creamy Bacon Honey Dijon Skillet Chicken
Rustic Roasted Garlic Chicken with Asiago Gravy
Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
One Pan Greek Lemon Chicken Rice with Roast Garlic
Creamy Salsa Verde Skillet Chicken
Baked Firecracker Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Egg Muffins
Avocado Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Skillet Chicken Verde
Pan Seared Balsamic Strawberry Chicken and Brie