I have been enjoying baked chicken dishes lately, the kind where you throw the chicken and other ingredients into a pan and bake it all at once! They are super easy to make and you can pack them with flavour like in this Tuscan inspired baked chicken with spinach, artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes along with plenty of melted mozzarella and parmesan cheese! The spinach with release some liquids so I like to serve this over rice or pasta to soak it all up. You can easily modify this recipe with the addition on other Mediterranean flavours like olives, onions, feta, etc.
Tuscan Baked Chicken
A quick and easy Mediterranean style baked chicken dish with spinach, artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes.
- 10 ounces spinach or baby spinach
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 1 pinch oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered or chopped
- 2 ounces sun dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- Place half of the spinach on the bottom of a large baking dish, top with the chicken seasoned with oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle on the artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, the remaining spinach, mozzarella, and parmesan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the chicken is cooked through, about 20-30 minutes.
Option: Add sliced red onions.
Option: Add fata!
Spinach and Feta Baked Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Baked Chicken
Baked Firecracker Chicken
Baked Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Pico de Gallo Chicken
Salsa Verde Baked Chicken
Chile Con Queso Baked Chicken
Bacon Ranch Baked Cheddar Chicken
Creamy Chicken and Sundried Tomato Pasta
Spinach and Artichoke Skillet Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
Chicken in a Creamy Parmesan and Sundried Tomato Sauce