This is one of the tastiest, quickest and easiest meals around! Chicken is dredged in flour before being dipped into a mixture of egg and pecorino romano cheese and fried in butter. Garlic is added to the butter along with chicken broth and lemon and the combination of the lemon, garlic, butter and romano cheese is simply divine! I like to serve lemon chicken romano over pasta for a complete meal that’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
Lemon Chicken Romano
Chicken in a crispy golden brown pecorino romano cheese coating in a lemon butter sauce!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded thin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup flour (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste, dredge in the flour, shake off any excess, dip into the mixture of egg and romano cheese, shake off excess, and fry in the oil until lightly golden brown on both sides before setting aside.
- Add the butter to the pan and heat, over medium heat, until it sizzles before adding the garlic and red pepper flakes and cooking until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth and lemon juice, bring to a boil and simmer until it thickens a bit, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, mix in the butter and parsley and serve over the chicken!
Option: Replace some or all of the broth with a dry white wine.
Honey Lemon Chicken
Pan Seared Chicken Breasts in a Mushroom, Tarragon and Mustard Pan Sauce
Chicken in a Creamy Parmesan and Sundried Tomato Sauce
Chicken and Mushroom Skillet in a Creamy Asiago and Mustard Sauce
Creamy Lemon Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Skillet Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Goat Cheese Skillet Chicken
Thai Peanut Chicken Saute
Balsamic Maple Dijon Chicken with Bacon Sauce
Creamy Bacon Honey Dijon Skillet Chicken
Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
Cilantro Lime Skillet Chicken
Pan Seared Balsamic Strawberry Chicken and Brie
Crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken
The recipes look delicious
Daniel Perkins says
Unbelievable. It just came out really good unexpectedly. Thanks for the recipe.
Cheryl A DeKoevend says
Can you substitute the regular all purpose flour and use almond flour?
Yes you can! Enjoy!
Richard Tunner says
Delicious… My daughter and I just had dinner and we certainly enjoyed the Chicken Romano. Thank you
Hannah Jones says
Looks so yummy. I like breaded chicken but I haven’t tried putting cheese on it so this would be new to our table, though my children are not a fan of lemons I think with butter and cheese it will be complimenting. Thanks for the recipe!