I’m a big fan of easy meals and what could be easier than throwing some chicken into a pan, covering it with a tasty sauce and roasting it? This roasted chicken is covered in a quick, easy and tasty homemade honey dijon sauce. Chicken broth is added to the sauce to help make sure that the sauce does cook off and burn on the edges of the pan, this way you will end up with plenty of sauce to drizzle on your chicken and sides! Speaking of sides, you can easily make some while the chicken roasts! For this meal I steamed some broccoli and made some mashed potatoes and the honey dijon sauce was amazing on everything!
Easy Baked Honey Dijon Chicken
Super easy honey dijon chicken simply baked in a pan with the tasty sauce!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or tamari or omit for gluten-free)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced/grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 2-3 sprigs of rosemary
- Mix the honey, mustards, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, and broth, and toss with the chicken, place it all in a baking dish with the chicken in a single layer before placing the sprigs of rosemary in between the chicken.
- Bake, covered, in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the chicken is cooked through, about 25-35 minutes.
- Serve topped with the sauce from the pan!
Option: Add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese to the honey dijon sauce!
Option: Add 1 tablespoon white miso paste to the honey dijon sauce!
Option: Add 1/2 teaspoon curry powder to the honey dijon sauce!
Option: Add sriracha (or other chili sauce) to taste to the honey dijon sauce!
Baked Firecracker Chicken
Crispy Baked Cheddar Dijon Chicken Tenders
Balsamic Caprese Baked Chicken
Creamy Salsa Verde Skillet Chicken
Creamy Bacon Honey Dijon Skillet Chicken
Balsamic Maple Dijon Chicken with Bacon Sauce
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Curried Honey Dijon Roasted Chicken
Maple-Miso Dijon Salmon
One-pan Paprika Roast Chicken
Salsa Verde Baked Chicken
Bacon Ranch Baked Cheddar Chicken
Chile Con Queso Baked Chicken
Honey Garlic Chicken
BBQ Chicken Pizza Baked Chicken