On busy weeknights it sometimes seems like you don’t have enough time to cook a healthy meal at home but, with recipes like this honey garlic chicken it can easily be done! This is a one-pan chicken dish that takes less than 20 minutes to make so you can cook some rice or pasta at the same time! Honey and garlic is such a simple combo but it’s a magical one! You don’t really need to add a lot, some broth to build out the sauce, soy sauce for saltiness, maybe pinch of reed pepper flakes for heat and I like to finish with a touch of butter! Yum! To complete the meal you just need to add a veggie, like zucchini, bell pepper, snap peas, etc, that you can saute in the same pan!
Honey Garlic Chicken
A quick and easy chicken dish in a tasty honey and garlic sauce!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts or thighs, boneless and skinless
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/3 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar, or white vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken and cook until lightly golden brown and cooked through, about 2-4 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the broth, honey, vinegar, soy sauce and chicken, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, melt the butter into the sauce and enjoy!
Option: Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces!
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Sesame Chicken
20 Minute Light Sweet and Sour Chicken
Kung Pao Chicken
Honey Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry
Honey and Lime Jalapeno Chicken
Sticky Honey Sriracha Chicken Bites
Skillet Sweet Chili Chicken
Baked Firecracker Chicken
Easy Baked Honey Dijon Chicken
Creamed Corn Skillet Chicken