Cashew chicken is one of my favourite Chinese style takeout dishes and it’s super easy to make at home! At it’s base it’s small pieces of chicken and cashews in a tasty sauce and it’s great over rice or all by itself. The main difference between cashew chicken recipes seems to be whether you
bread the chicken so that it gets that crispy coating before tossing it with the sauce, or not. I like the simplicity and lightness of the uncoated chicken which is what this recipe is for. After the chicken, cashew and sauce you can easily add vegetables like diced bell peppers, snap peas, edamame, etc. All said and told this dish takes less than 20 minutes to make and you can steam some rice while making it and they will be done at the time! Homemade cashew chicken that takes less time to make than to have delivered, and tastes better!
Quick and easy Chinese style cashew chicken thats lighter and healthier and ready in under 20 minutes!
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons (low sodium) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon chill sauce (such as sambal oelek or sriracha)
- 1/4 cup (low sodium) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced and divided between white and green
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 cup cashews, lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Mix the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce, chili sauce, broth and cornstarch and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet/wok over medium-high heat, add the chicken and saute, about 6 minutes.
- Add the whites of the onions, garlic and ginger to the pan and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the sauce mixture and saute, until the sauce thickens a bit, about 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the cashews, sesame oil, sesame seeds and the greens of the onions and enjoy!
20 Minute Light Sweet and Sour Chicken
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Sesame Chicken
Kung Pao Chicken
Honey Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry
Harvest Skillet Chicken with Apples, Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes
Honey and Lime Jalapeno Chicken
Crispy Baked Firecracker Tofu on Coconut Cauliflower Rice
Sticky Honey Sriracha Chicken Bites
20 Minute Skinny Sesame Chicken
Honey Garlic Chicken
Thai Basil Chicken
General Tso’s Chicken
That looks delicious. Excellent recipe.
I made it for the family
Sorry hit the enter key to fast. Everyone liked it my daughter who is a little picky about food. My wife said we should for sure make it again!
Gwen Fugman says
Love the great recipes. Timeless!
This looks amazing! I’m trying to figure out why the fat is so high because the ingredients look fairly harmless. Is it the cashews? In any event, I have to try this one. Looks too good to pass up!!