Pizza is one of my favourite foods and it’s always fun to try to find new ways to enjoy the flavours, with this pizza stuffed chicken being what I’m currently obsessed with! I basically just take all of the toppings that I would have placed on the pizza, including the sauce, cheese and other goodies, and sprinkle them onto a chicken breast before rolling them up. The rolled up chicken is then fried in a pan until lightly golden brown on the outside before being smothered in even more pizza sauce, covered in cheese and more toppings to bake in the oven making the whole pan look like one large pizza coming out of the oven! You can enjoy this pizza stuffed chicken all by itself or on top of pasta, rice, potato wedges, waffles, etc. For these pizza stuffed chicken breasts I went with pepperoni, green pepper, onion and olives for the toppings but you can use your favourite pizza toppings!
Pizza Stuffed Chicken
All of the flavours of pizza stuffed into juicy chicken breasts and cooked in sauce topped with your favourite pizza toppings!
- 4 (6 oz) chicken breasts, butterflied and/or pounded thin
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmigiano regginao (parmesan cheese), grated
- 2 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Lay the chicken breasts out flat, top each with 1 tablespoon pizza sauce, 1 tablespoon mozzarella, 1 teaspoon parmesan, 3 sliced pepperoni, 2 sliced green pepper, 2 slices onion, 4 slices of olives and roll them up, optionally pinning together with toothpicks.
- Heat the oil in a large oven safe pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken rollups and lightly brown on both sides, about 4-5 minutes per side, before removing from heat.
- Pour the rest of the pizza sauce over the chicken, sprinkle on the remaining toppings and bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until the chicken is cooked and the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
Option: Dredge the rolled up chicken breasts in flour, dip in egg, coat with breadcrumbs and bake at 350F until the chicken is cooked and the breadcrumbs are golden brown and crispy!
Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
Bacon Wrapped Guacamole Stuffed Chicken
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus, Asparagus and Pistachio Pesto and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken
Bacon Wrapped Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Balsamic Drizzle and Basil
Stuffed Crust Pizza Dip
No Crust Pepperoni Pizza
Zucchini Pizza Bites
Cauliflower Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
Pizza Quesadillas (aka Pizzadillas)
Crispy Tortilla Skillet Pizza
Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese
Pepperoni Pizza Spaghetti Squash
Skillet Chicken in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Yeah…I wish I had seen this before I made some random chicken concoction the other day.
This would win hard at my house.
Oh Kevin, this looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
Heather Christo says
wow! this looks fantastic!
We Are Not Martha says
Oooh way to make the most awesome chicken ever! Definitely pinning this for later 🙂
Germaine Dubois says
Can you come cook at my house… oh my god what a creation you made – right now I'm in a cooking rut.. I think it's winter cabin fever time can not wait till spring is here.. but seriously come cook at my house lol
Julie | Table for Two says
This looks so good! Cannot wait to try this out!
Maria Lichty says
My boys won't be able to say no to this recipe!!