Spaghetti squash is a fun ingredient that I always enjoy using especially. when you serve the meal stuffed in the shell! The basic idea here is that you start out with small spaghetti squash that are cut in half, seeded and roasted until nice and tender before you gently flake the stringy, spaghetti noodle like, inside, mix in the other ingredients and serve it in the shell! You can stuff spaghetti squash ‘boats’ with a number of different flavours and in this recipe it’s pepperoni pizza! The filling for this spaghetti squash started out with pizza sauce, pepperoni and other pizza toppings that are mixed in with the spaghetti squash noodles before being topped with plenty of cheese and even more pepperoni! The squash is returned to the oven and cooked until the cheese has melted. This is an easy to make meal that is family and kid friendly and the best part is that you can use your favourite pizza toppings!
Pepperoni Pizza Spaghetti Squash
Pizza stuffed spaghetti squash with pepperoni, olives and plenty of cheese!
- 2 small spaghetti squash, cut in half and seeded
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Brush the inner flesh of the spaghetti squash with oil, season with salt and pepper and roast, skin side up, in a preheated 400F/200C oven until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook half of the pepperoni in a small sauce pan, add the pizza sauce and half of the olives and warm.
- When the spaghetti squash is done, flake it with a fork, mix in the sauce, and place it back into the squash shells.
- Top with the cheeses, the remaining pepperoni, and olives and return to the oven and cook until the cheese melts, about 5-10 minutes.
Sausage and Pepper Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Lasagna Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Pizza Stuffed Chicken
Stuffed Crust Pizza Dip
No Crust Pepperoni Pizza
Zucchini Pizza Bites
Cauliflower Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
Pizza Quesadillas (aka Pizzadillas)
Crispy Tortilla Skillet Pizza
Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese
Maple Pecan Roasted Acorn Squash
Oh boy this looks great! What an awesome idea! I just ate my spaghetti squash with butter and pepper the other day, now I NEED to get another one to make this recipe. I think I can “bake” it in my air fryer. No oven in my RV. Yay! Thank you Kevin!