Pasta salads are an amazing side for pretty much any summer meal! You can make them ahead of time, store them in the fridge and easily bring them wherever you want, whether that be a picnic, a BBQ, cookout, potluck, or even in your own home. This Mediterranean themed pasta salad is one of my favourites, using orzo, a small rice shaped and sized pasta, along with baby spinach, chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber red pepper, onions, olives, and feta! The dressing is a light, healthy and tasty combination of olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, oregano and plenty of fresh parsley! In addition to being a great salad or side this Mediterranean orzo salad makes for a nice light meal and you can make it a little heartier by adding some chicken souvlaki or chicken shawarma!
Mediterranean Orzo Pasta Salad
A tasty Mediterranean style orzo (pasta) and baby spinach salad.
- 8 ounces orzo (gluten free for gluten free)
- 6 cups baby spinach, washed
- 1 cup chickpeas (cooked or rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup green olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (~1/2 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the orzo as directed on the package, drain and rinse in cold water until the orzo has cooled.
- Place the orzo, spinach, chickpeas, tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, kalamata olives, green olives and feta in a large bowl.
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, parsley, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad and dressing and enjoy!
Option: Add 1 tablespoon fresh chopped mint.
Option: Add 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill.
Option: Use any combination of lemon juice and/or red wine vinegar.
Greek Style Grilled Chicken Salad
Greek Salad (Horiatiki Salata)
Greek Style Salad
Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Quinoa and Arugula Salad with Almonds, Pomegranate and Feta in a Lemony Tahini Dressing
Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Grilled Chicken and Asparagus Caprese Spinach Salad with Bacon and Avocado
Chicken Shawarma Salad
Spinach and Artichoke Pasta Salad
Mediterranean Tortellini Pasta Salad
Made it with the olives because I don’t like it, but added a bit of honey to the dressing and it turned out so good…love it…thanks for the recipe.