Chicken shawarma is a great quick takeout and it’s normally done with seasoned chicken cooked on a vertical rotisserie but it’s also fun doing it grilled, especially in the summer! This is a grilled version of the classic chicken shawarma where chicken is marinated with shawarma seasoning, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice before it’s grilled to perfection! It really is as easy as that, marinate and grill! Done! This grilled chicken shawarma is an amazing take on the classic that’s so good that I’m grilling it all summer long. It’s great by itself as a main and it’s also great sliced thin as an ingredient in other recipes like wraps, sandwiches, salads, etc.
Grilled Chicken Shawarma
A quick and easy grilled shawarma seasoned chicken that is just packed with flavour!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 tablespoon shawarma seasoning
- Marinate the chicken in the mixture of the remaining ingredients for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Cook over a grill heated to medium-high heat until cooked, about 3-5 minutes before setting a side.