Shawarma is a popular dish where meat is grilled on vertical spit all day long and this seasoning is the perfect blend for it! This shawarma seasoning contains staples like cumin, coriander, paprika and turmeric along with some warm spices like cloves, nutmeg, allspice, and cinnamon and it’s super easy to make your own! Once made it can be used to season meat for homemade shawarma and it keeps for a long time when stored in a sealed container!
Use a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder!
An easy to make blend of warm spices to season your chicken, pork or lamb for shawarma!
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Grind everything in a spice/coffee grinder and enjoy!
Option: Use all ground spices to make things easier!
Option: Change up the spices or the amounts of spices to taste!
Option: Add 1/4 teaspoon cardamom.