I’ve recently shared recipes for grilled chicken shawarma and shawarma sauce and my favourite way to enjoy these is in wraps! These wraps start out with pitas with hummus spread on the inside, along with sliced shawarma sauce and plenty of other tasty ingredients like lettuce, cucumber, tomato, pickled red onions, olives, feta and shawarma sauce! Yum! Chicken shawarma is one of my go-to takeout meals when I’m in a hurry and this homemade version is even better!
Creamy shawarma sauce!
Chicken Shawarma Warps
Chicken shawarma wrapped in pitas along with plenty of tasty fillings!
- 4 pitas
- 1 pound chicken shawarma, sliced
- 4 tablespoons hummus
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced or sliced
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced or sliced
- 4 tablespoons pickled red onions
- 4 tablespoons kalamata olives
- 4 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons shawarma sauce
- hot sauce to taste
- Lightly grill or toast the pitas or laffas, divide the remaining ingredients between them and wrap before enjoying!
Option: Replace the cucumbers and tomatoes with quinoa tabbouleh salad!
Option: Add pickled jalapenos!
Greek Style Pulled Lamb Pitas
BBQ Chicken with Blue Cheese Slaw Wraps
Jerked Pulled Pork Wraps with Mango and Banana Relish
Chipotle Grilled Chicken and Mango Guacamole Wraps
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
Buffalo Chicken Club Sandwich
Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich with Guacamole and Roasted Jalapeno Mayo
Chicken and Avocado Burritos
Chicken Shawarma Salad