It’s difficult to beat the simplicity of marinated and grilled meat, especially when the marinade is full of flavour! This recipe is for a tasty mojo sauce and marinade that has a base of sour citrus juices along with pungent onions and plenty of garlic! The marinades flavours are finished off with fresh cilantro, dried oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Mojo sauce it great as a marinade for chicken, fish, pork or beef and it also makes for a great salad dressing or condiment for sandwiches. It’s super easy to make a mojo marinade at home with fresh ingredients and it stores in the fridge for a few days. To use the sauce as a marinade it’s as simple as marinating the meat in the mojo sauce overnight and then cooking it, whether on the grill, in a pan on the stove top or even roasting it in the oven.
Grilled Mojo Chicken
Quick and easy grilled chicken with the fresh, citrusy and garlic flavours of mojo sauce!
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 cup mojo sauce (see below)
- Marinate the chicken in half of the mojo sauce for 20 minutes to overnight.
- Shake off any excess marinade from the chicken and grill over medium-high heat until cooked through and lightly charred on both sides, about 2-8 minutes per side.
- Enjoy with the remaining mojo sauce!
Option: Throw the mojo grilled chicken into a sandwich!
Option: Slice the mojo grilled chicken and enjoy in a salad!
A cuban style mojo sauce or marinade with citrus, cilantro and plenty of garlic. It’s the perfect marinade for chicken, pork, beef, etc and it’s also a great sauce for salads or sandwiches!
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro, loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Puree everything in a food processor and enjoy or store in the fridge for use within a few days.
Option: Add a pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes.
Grilled Chermoula Chicken
Huli Huli Grilled Chicken
Grilled Chicken Teriyaki and Pineapple Salad
Yakitori (Japanese Grilled Chicken Skewers)
Lemongrass Grilled Chicken
Grilled Chicken Shawarma
Za’atar Grilled Chicken
Sriracha Honey Lime Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Salad
Chimichurri Grilled Steak
Cuban Mojo Grilled Pork Chops
Cuban Roast Pork (Lechon Asado)
Cuban Grilled Cheese Sandwich