I am a huge fan of summer grilling and grilled steaks are the best! There is just something that is so magical about cooking outside, with fire, not to mention the smokiness that infuses everything that you cook! This is an Argentinian style grilled steak served with chimichurri. A flank steak is marinated in a simple combination of orange, lime, garlic and oregano before being grilled to perfection! Chimichurri is a fresh parsley based sauce that is amazing with grilled meats of all kinds and an avocado chimichurri is even better! This chimichurri grilled steak is great all by itself as a meal and it can also be used in other dishes like salads, sandwiches, etc.
Chimichurri Grilled Steak
A quick and easy marinated flank steak that is perfectly grilled, sliced thinly and served topped with a tasty chimichurri!
- 2 pound flank steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice (~1 orange)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (~1 lime)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chimichurri (or avocado chimichurri)
- Marinate the steak in the mixture of the oil, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper overnight.
- Grill over medium-high heat until cooked to the desired level of doneness, about 2-5 minutes per side, before removing from heat, letting it rest for 5 minutes and slicing it thinly, against the grain.
- Enjoy topped with chimichurri.
Option: Baste the steak with the chimichurri as it cooks.
Option: Broil the steak or pan fry it in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat.
Carne Asada (Grilled Marinated Steak)
Carne Asada Salad
Carne Asada Tacos
Steak and Eggs Benedict with Asparagus in Bearnaise Sauce
Black and Blue Steak Sandwich
Black and Blue Steak Salad with Asparagus and Red Peppers
Mongolian Beef Stir-fry
Thai Grilled Steak Salad
Chimichurri Steak Quesadillas with Avocado Chimichurri