Today I have an outdoor (or indoor) grilling recipe to share with you, a grilled balsamic marinated flank steak! Balsamic vinegar is a pretty tasty vinegar and it makes for a really nice dressing or marinade when combined with some simple ingredients like oil, Dijon mustard, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. The steak is pretty easy, you simply marinate it in the balsamic marinade overnight and then quickly grill it before slicing! Balsamic vinegar also goes well in caprese salad, which consists of tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzarella along with the vinegar and for this meal I do slight variation on it where I blister the tomatoes over the grill and serve the caprese salad on top of the grilled balsamic steak. Yum! This quick and easy balsamic grilled flak steak caprese is one of my favourite summer meals!
Balsamic Grilled Flank Steak Caprese
Balsamic grilled flank steak topped with blistered tomatoes and fresh mozzarella caprese!
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 large clove garlic, minced/grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 2 cups cherry/grape tomatoes
- 1 cup buffalo/fresh mozzarella, diced
- 2 tablespoons basil, thinly sliced
For the balsamic marinade/dressing:
For the steak caprese:
- Mix everything well.
- Marinate the steak in half of the marinade in the fridge overnight.
- Shake off the excess marinade and grill over medium-high heat until cooked to the desired level of doneness, about 3-5 minutes per side, before setting aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Grill the cherry tomatoes until lightly charred, about 3-5 minutes. (Or blister them in a heavy bottom skillet on the stove top at medium-high heat.)
- Slice the steak thinly against the grain, top with the blistered tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and remaining dressing and enjoy!
That looks delicious! It’s beautiful too!
I’ve made these fine times since you’ve posted this recipe. Absolutely perfect, addictive bagels.
Luna @ Healthy Kitchen 101 says
My 1st glance at your photos is Damn, I have to try this soon in my next bbq party xD
Stacy O. says
Hands down my absolute favorite recipe of this past summer! I can’t wait until grilling season is back! (The only thing I don’t do is blister the tomatoes…. I just can’t stand the texture of them, but everything else is on point!)
This is very good. The whole family enjoyed it and it can be for weeknights or a more special occasion.
Edian @ Best Ninja Blender says
just shared this recipe with my mom and asked her to make it for my next visit back home. xD
This is my fav summer meal! Have made it a few times already! and wow, you really do have a closet sized kitchen. It’s amazing what comes out of it!