“Salads for dinner” season is here and I’m kicking things off with this tasty grilled chicken and asparagus caprese spinach salad with bacon and avocado! This salad combines some of my favourites including the caprese salad, a simple salad consisting of tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil and a balsamic vinaigrette, with grilled summery asparagus, chicken, bacon and avocado on a base baby spinach! This salad is just packed with flavour, it’s hearty and filling and yet light and oh so nice and fresh! You really can’t go wrong combining juicy tomatoes and asparagus with grilled chicken, salty bacon, cool and creamy avocado and mozzarella with a sweet and tangy balsamic vinaigrette! This salad is just as great with the chicken and asparagus still warm from the grill or cool and if you are bringing it out with you, you can let the chicken cool completely before assembling the salad and mixing in the dressing just as you serve it so feel free to bring it to a picnic or the beach this summer!
I like to add mushrooms when I have them on hand!
Grilled Chicken and Asparagus Caprese Spinach Salad with Bacon and Avocado
A hearty summer grilled chicken and asparagus spinach ‘caprese’ salad with tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and a balsamic vinaigrette along with some bacon and avocado!
- 1/2 pound boneless and skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound asparagus, washed and trimmed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 strips bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 cups baby spinach, washed
- 8 ounces tomatoes, diced
- 8 ounces mini bocconcini or mozzarella balls
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup basil, sliced
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 3-5 minutes per side before setting aside.
- Toss the asparagus spears in the oil, salt and pepper and grill over medium-high heat until crisp-tender and slightly charred before setting aside to cool and slicing into bite sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until crispy and set aside on paper to els to drain.
- Mix all of the ingredients and enjoy!
Option: Cook the bacon before hand to speed things up and to allow you to do all of the cooking at the grill.
Spinach Salad with Bacon, Caramelized Onions, Mushrooms and Blue Cheese in a Bacon Pan Sauce Dressing Topped with a Hard Boiled Egg
Roast Asparagus and Mushroom Chicken Spinach Salad with Bacon, Avocado and Goat Cheese
Strawberry and Avocado Spinach Salad in Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
Strawberry BBQ Chicken Spinach and Quinoa Salad with Bacon, Avocado and Goat Cheese
Strawberry and Balsamic Grilled Chicken Salad
BBQ Chicken Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
Texmex Grilled Chicken Salad in Creamy Avocado Salsa Verde Dressing
Sweet Chili Chicken Salad
Kung Pao Chicken Salad with Sichuan Dressing
Banh Mi Chicken Salad
BBQ Chicken COBB Salad with Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing
Buffalo Chicken Salad
Southwestern Grilled Chicken Jalapeno Popper Salad
Grilled Chicken Souvlaki Salad with Creamy Feta and Dill Dressing
Hot Melted Caprese Dip
Grilled Peach and Honey Dijon Chicken Salad with Goat Cheese and Pecans
Caprese Balsamic Grilled Chicken
Chicken Shawarma Salad
Balsamic Caprese Baked Chicken