It’s time for another salad and boy do I have a tasty one for you, a BBQ chicken COBB salad with cilantro lime ranch dressing! This salad is a southwestern twist on the classic COBB salad which uses BBQ chicken instead of plain chicken, adds corn and black beans to the regular lineup of tomato, bacon, egg and avocado, replaces the blue cheese with feta and the red wine vinaigrette with a tasty cilantro lime ranch dressing! This is definitely a salad that eats like a meal and given that it takes less than 30 minutes to make, it’s perfect for light summer dinners! If it’s a nice day head outside and grill the chicken and corn and enjoy the salad under the sunny blue sky! …um, are you still reading this? Hop to it! This salad is just screaming to be made right now!
This salad is just loaded with tasty ingredients!
The salad being assembled!
Add plenty of cilantro lime ranch dressing!
BBQ Chicken COBB Salad with Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing
A southwestern style COBB salad with BBQ chicken and a creamy cilantro and lime ranch dressing.
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 6 cups lettuce, sliced
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn (~2 ears), preferably grilled or charred
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 4 hardboiled eggs, diced
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, torn
- 1/4 cup cilantro lime ranch dressing
- Cook the bacon in a pan until crispy, about 10 minutes, before setting aside on paper towels to dream.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and grill or pan fry it over medium-high heat until cooked through and lightly golden brown, about 4-6 minutes per side, before setting aside to cool, slicing and mixing in the BBQ sauce.
- Assemble the salad and enjoy!
BBQ Chicken Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
Chipotle Lime Grilled Shrimp Salad in Cilantro Lime Dressing
Southwestern Grilled Chicken Jalapeno Popper Salad
Chicken Carnitas Burrito Bowl
Carne Asada Salad
Grilled BBQ Chicken, Zucchini and Corn Quinoa Salad
Texmex Grilled Chicken Salad in Creamy Avocado Salsa Verde Dressing
Grilled Chicken and Asparagus Caprese Spinach Salad with Bacon and Avocado
Blackberry Balsamic Grilled Chicken Salad with Crispy Fried Goat Cheese
Sriracha Honey Lime Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Salad
Grilled Peach and Honey Dijon Chicken Salad with Goat Cheese and Pecans
BBQ Chicken and Grilled Pineapple Nachos
Strawberry and Avocado Chicken Salad with Crispy Fried Goat Cheese and Honey Lemon Dijon Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
Chicken Shawarma Salad