Today I have some game day snacking BBQ chicken and grilled pineapple nachos for you! These nachos are super easy to make and they are just packed with flavour! The sweet, spicy and smoky BBQ chicken and tangy grilled pineapple combo is such a nice one and it only gets better when you serve it covered in ooey gooey melted cheese on top of convenient finger food tortilla chips! You pretty much just need to grill up some pineapple, toss it onto some tortilla chips along with BBQ sauce laden shredded chicken, spicy jalapenos, onions and plenty of cheese before throwing it all into the oven to melt the cheese. I like to use candied jalapenos when I have them on hand but I also use pickle jalapenos or even fresh jalapenos. These nachos are pretty perfect for munchies to snack on while watching football and I’ll admit to making them for a quick dinner every once in a while!
BBQ Chicken and Grilled Pineapple Nachos
BBQ chicken nachos with grilled pineapple, candied jalapenos and plenty of melted cheese!
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced
- oil for grilling
- 1 (14 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded or sliced
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced or diced
- 1/2 cup candied jalapenos
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat, light oil and grill the pineapple until slightly charred, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle the tortilla chips over an oven safe pan/dish followed by the pineapple, the mixture of the chicken and bbq sauce, onion, jalapenos and cheese before baking in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the cheese has melted, about 5-10 minutes.
Option: Add Bacon!!!
Option: Use pickled or fresh jalapenos instead of candied jalapenos.
Option: Use cheddar or another cheese that melts well.
Option: Top with chopped cilantro.
Mexican Street Corn Nachos
Chicken Pad Thai Nachos
Korean Bulgogi and Kimchi Nachos
Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Nachos
Irish Nachos with Guinness and Irish Cheddar Sauce
Greek Style Nachos
Grilled Zucchini Nachos
Mini Pepper Nachos with Corn, Black Beans and Avocado
BBQ Chicken COBB Salad with Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing
BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Sriracha Honey Lime Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Salad
Sweet and Sour Pork
Loaded Chipotle Carnitas Nachos
Mexican Shredded Beef Nachos
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Nachos
Korean Steak Nacho Cheese Fries
BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese