With the warm and summery weather here it’s time for more salads and today I have a salad for you that is a mouthful in more than one way, a roast asparagus and mushroom chicken spinach salad with bacon, avocado and goat cheese! This chicken spinach salad starts out with fresh summer asparagus that is roasted along with some mushrooms, since asparagus and mushrooms are such a great combo, and then moves on to adding the goodies including the avocado, bacon and goat cheese! A nice light
This salad is great with all of the cooked ingredients still warm but it’s also really nice at room temperature or even straight from the fridge so feel free to cook the chicken and bacon the day before and optionally warm it up again. (I prefer the texture of the roasted asparagus straight from the oven so I generally do not cook t ahead of time.)
Feel free to top with a fried egg!
For that amazing runny yolk!
Roast Asparagus and Mushroom Chicken Spinach Salad with Bacon, Avocado and Goat Cheese
A nice summery chicken spinach salad with roasted asparagus, mushrooms, bacon and goat cheese in a balsamic vinaigrette.
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered or sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 strips bacon (optional)
- 8 ounces chicken breast, pounded thin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Toss the asparagus and mushrooms in the oil, salt and pepper, place on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until they start to caramelize, about 20 minutes, mixing half way through.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon and set aside on paper towels to drain before crumbling.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste, heat the grill (or a pan) to medium-high heat, brush with oil and cook the chicken until cooked through and golden brown, about 3-5 minutes per side, before letting rest for 5 minutes and slicing.
- Assemble the salad, toss in the dressing and enjoy!
Option: Top with a fried egg!
Option: Add julienned basil and/or lemon zest to brighten the salad up.
Option: Remove the chicken and bacon and replace with sliced sundried tomatoes for vegetarian version.
Warm Mushroom, Roasted Asparagus and Wild Rice Salad with Feta
Asparagus and Mushroom Galette with Bacon, Goat Cheese and Balsamic Reduction
Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Poutine
Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Carbonara
Mushroom and Spinach Crepes with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Drizzle
Roast Asparagus and Caramelized Mushroom Quesadillas with Goat Cheese
Grilled Chicken and Asparagus Caprese Spinach Salad with Bacon and Avocado