Today marks the beginning of the new Chinese or Lunar year and I thought that I would celebrate by making this classic American-Chinese mongolian beef recipe, which I know, has nothing to do with Mongolia but it is tasty none the less. Mongolian beef is a dish that is served at a lot of American-Chinese restaurants and it is super quick and easy to make at home and much better than takeout! Really, this dish is as easy to make as sauteing the beef and mixing in the tasty sauce and you have a meal ready in less than 20 minutes! This homemade spicy beef dish is so much better than the restaurants version so skip delivery and do the takeout fakeout!
Serve tossed with steamed broccoli or green peppers other vegetable over rice for a complete meal!
Tender stir-fried beef in a tasty sauce.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound steak (sirloin or flank), sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (gluten-free or tamari for gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chill sauce such as sambal oelek (or to taste)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the beef and saute until just cooked, about 2-4 minutes.
- Add the mixture of the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, chili sauce, garlic, ginger and the mixture of the cornstarch and water to the pan and cook until it thickens a bit, about a minute.
- Remove from heat, mix in the sesame oil and serve over white rice or noodles, quinoa, etc. garnished with the green onions.
Mongolian Beef Quesadillas
Beef and Garlic Snap Snape-Fry
Honey Lemon Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry
Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Beef)
Asparagus, Beef and Shiitake Mushroom Stir-fry
Quick and Easy Beef and Pepper Stir-fry
20 Minute Thai Basil Beef
Steak and Peppers in Black Bean Sauce
Gyudon (Beef Rice Bowl)
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Sesame Chicken
Sweet and Sour Pork
Honey and Lime Jalapeno Chicken
Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
Sichuan Poached Beef (Shuizhu)
Chimichurri Grilled Steak