Sauces made with fresh herbs (aka green sauces) seem to be common in many different areas in the world and this chermoula sauce is a North African style of green sauce. This is a bright and fresh herb sauce consisting primarily of cilantro with a bit of parsley and optionally some mint. Other ingredients include garlic, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, cumin, coriander and a bit of paprika. This sauce makes for an amazing marinade, a condiment in sandwiches, a dip, or even just eating it by the spoonful!
A North African style green sauce with cilantro, parsley, mint, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil.
- 3/4 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Puree everything in a food processor until smooth.