Cuban sandwiches, made with Cuban roast pork, ham, swiss, mustard, and pickles are super tasty and the flavours make for some amazing burgers as well! These burgers are pretty much the same as the sandwiches, with the roast pork being replaced with ground pork burger patties. The patties are seasoned with the same flavours that the roast pork, including: garlic, citrus, oregano and cumin. The patties are formed and cooked before being placed in buns with, mustard, pickles, ham and swiss cheese. These Cuban sandwich burgers are a tasty alternative to the original indeed!
Cuban Sandwich Burgers
Pork burgers seasoned with the flavours of Cuban style roast pork, served Cuban sandwich style with ham, swiss, mustard and pickles!
- 1 pound ground pork
- 4 cloves garlic, minced/grated
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 buns, halved
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional)
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 8 slices pickle
- Mix the pork, garlic, orange zest, lime zest, oregano, cumin, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Divide the pork mixture into 4 portions, form balls and then shape them into patties.
- Cook the patties by grilling,or pan frying, or broiling, until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Assemble the sandwich burgers with the buns, mustard, pork patties, ham, swiss, and pickles and enjoy!
Option: Add 2 tablespoons grated onion to the ground pork mixture.
Cuban Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Roast Pork and Peameal Bacon Sandwich
Salsa Verde Turkey Burger
Roast Pork Sandwich with Apple Chutney
Jamaican Jerk Burgers with Pineapple and Banana Relish
Banh Mi Burgers with Vietnamese Caramel BBQ Sauce
Cuban Mojo Grilled Pork Chops
Grilled Mojo Chicken
Grilled Mojo Chicken Cuban Sandwich
Korean BBQ Burgers