Having just shared recipes for kimchi mayo and Korean BBQ sauce I am using them both in a recipe! Korean BBQ burgers with kimchi mayo! I often make Korean style bulgogi burgers where I usually make an on the fly version of the Korean BBQ sauce that’s mixed right into the burger patties but for this version I simply use the pre-homemade Korean style BBQ sauce. The BBQ sauce is both mixed into the patties and then even more is brushed onto the burgers once they have been cooked! Yum! The burgers are topped with the kimchi mayo along with some shredded purple cabbage (or coleslaw) and green cilantro for some bright colours and fresh flavours!
Korean BBQ Burgers
Burgers in Korean style BBQ sauce with kimchi mayo!
- 1 pound ground beef (or pork or chicken)
- 1/3 cup Korean BBQ sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs (or breadcrumbs) (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Korean BBQ sauce
- 4 buns
- 1/4 cup kimchi mayo
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Mix the beef, Korean BBQ sauce, egg, breadcrumbs, and green onions, form the mixture into 4 patties and grill, or pan-fry, or broil over medium-high heat until cooked, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Baste the patties with the Korean BBQ sauce, assemble the burgers and enjoy!
Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Beef)
Korean BBQ Chicken Burgers with Grilled Pineapple and Gochujang BBQ Sauce
Pineapple Dak Bulgogi (Pineapple Korean BBQ Chicken)
Korean Spicy BBQ Chicken Tacos
Kalbi (Korean BBQ Short Ribs)
Teriyaki Shrimp Burgers with Grilled Pineapple Salsa, Bacon and Blue Cheese
Spinach and Feta Chicken Burgers (aka Spanakopita Burgers) with Grilled Halloumi, Roasted Red Peppers and a Spinach and Feta Sauce
Buffalo Chicken Burgers
Sundried Tomato Caprese Turkey Burgers with Balsamic Caramelized Onions
Bacon Wrapped Guacamole Stuffed Burgers
Korean Kimchi Meatloaf
Korean Meatloaf Patty Melt
Mushroom and Eggplant Veggie Burgers
Avocado Chicken Burgers