After making the Korean kimchi meatloaf I could not help but use some of the leftovers in patty melts! Patty melts are basically burger patties made in grilled cheese style with bread and cheese that is grilled until golden brown and all nice and melty, ooey and gooey with cheese just oozing out! For these patty melts I used slices of the meatloaf in a sandwich with cheddar cheese! It could not be easier to make these sandwiches and they make for a quick and easy lunch the day after making the meatloaf. The next time you make a meatloaf, make a double batch to ensure leftovers for grilled cheese sandwiches like these
Serve with some sweet and spicy gochujang sauce for dipping! (Or just pour it on!) Yum!
Korean Meatloaf Patty Melt
A tasty patty melt filled with Korean kimchi meatloaf and plenty of melted cheese!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices cheddar cheese (or 1/2 cup shredded)
- 1/4 pound Korean kimchi meatloaf, sliced or crumbled
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, place one slice in the pan with buttered side down, top with half of the cheese, the meatloaf, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread with buttered side up.
- Grill until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Korean BBQ Chicken Burgers with Grilled Pineapple and Gochujang BBQ Sauce
Moussaka Patty Melts
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Philly Cheesesteak French Dip Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Banh Mi Grilled Cheese
Taco Grilled Cheese Sandwich
BBQ Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese
Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Kimchi and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Bacon Double Cheeseburger Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Salisbury Steak Grilled Cheese with Mushroom Gravy
Pot Roast Grilled Cheese French Dip Sandwich with Spicy Miso Au Jus
Bacon Wrapped Muffin Pan Meatloaf (aka Salisbury Steak Filet Mignon)
Karepan (Japanese Curry Grilled Cheese)
BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese
Korean BBQ Burgers