I am always in for burgers or salisbury steak or meatloaf and these bacon wrapped muffin pan meatloafs are a fun take on them. They are essentially a ground beef burger/meatloaf like mixture that is formed into small patties, placed in a muffin pan and baked. Of course, everything is better with bacon, so I like to wrap these little patties up with a slice of bacon before placing them into the pan. Family fun is the name of the game here but, you can also bill them as something a little
classier by calling them salisbury steak filet mignon! I like to top these bacon wrapped muffin pan meatloafs off with a gochujang (Korean spicy chili paste) spiked ketchup along with crispy fried onions!
Instead of crispy fried onions, top with crispy fried jalapenos for a spicy kick!
Make patties, wrap in bacon and broil, grill or pan fry them up just like salisbury steak filet mignon!
You need to pre-cook the bacon a bit when cooking them like this.
Bacon Wrapped Muffin Pan Meatloaf (aka Salisbury Steak Filet Mignon)
Super easy bacon wrapped salisbury steaks cooked in muffin pans!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated/minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 ounce dried mushrooms, coarsely chopped or pulsed in food processor
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 6 slices bacon
- Mix the ground beef, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Montreal stark seasoning, dried mushrooms, egg and breadcrumbs.
- Form 6 patties, wrap in bacon and place in the holes of a large muffin pan before baking in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the patties are cooked and the bacon in crispy, about 20-25 minutes.
Option: Top with ketchup or ketchup-gochujang sauce!
Option: Top with crispy fried onions or crispy fried jalapenos!