April is National grilled cheese month! Given my obsession with grilled cheese sandwiches you can bet that there are going to be some new grilled cheese sandwiches on Closet Cooking over the next few weeks starting off with these absolutely tasty bacon double cheeseburger grilled cheese sandwiches! The idea here is to include all of the flavours of a mouth watering bacon double cheese burger in grilled cheese form. This sandwich starts out with the bacon and then it moves on to some ground beef that is seasoned with some classic burger patty flavours such as onions, garlic, worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper or steak seasoning. You can’t have a burger without some condiments like ketchup and/or mustard and since you don’t really want a soggy grilled cheese sandwich I add them to the ground beef and cook off some of the excess moisture. Up next is the double cheese, the cheddar and mozzarella, followed by the fresh condiments including shredded lettuce, diced tomato and pickle. (You could skip the lettuce and tomato but trust me they work well in the sandwich without wilting or making it soggy.) I have to say that these are one of my new favourite grilled cheese sandwiches and they taste just like a bacon double cheese burger, only better!
This is one monster sized grilled cheese sandwich that east like a meal!
Serve with ketchup for dipping along with chips, fries or even beer battered crispy baked pickle fries .
Bacon Double Cheeseburger Grilled Cheese Sandwich
All of the flavours of a bacon double cheese burger in a grilled cheese sandwich with plenty of ooey gooey melted cheese!
- 2 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper or steak seasoning to taste
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, room temperature
- 2 slices bread (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (or 1 slice), room temperature
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (or 1 slice), room temperature
- 1/4 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon pickle, diced
- Cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat, set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Add the beef and onion and cook, breaking the beef apart as it cooks, until cooked through, before draining any excess grease.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Mix in the ketchup, mustard, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, simmer to reduce, remove from heat and set aside.
- Butter the outside side of each slice of bread, place one slice in a pan buttered side down, sprinkle on half of the cheese, then top with the bacon, beef mixture, lettuce, tomato and pickle followed by the remaining cheese and slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Grill in a pan, preheated over medium heat, until golden brown on both sides and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Bacon Double Cheese Burger Dip
Bacon Double Cheeseburger Soup
Bacon Double Cheese Burger Salad
Bacon Cheeseburger Omelette
One Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
BLT Grilled Cheese (BLTGC)
Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Chicken Fajita Grilled Cheese
Taco Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Moussaka Patty Melt
Korean Meatloaf Patty Melt
Salisbury Steak Grilled Cheese with Mushroom Gravy
Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese
Crispy Fried Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes
Karepan (Japanese Curry Grilled Cheese)