Today’s recipe is some down home comfort food, sloppy joe style with bacon cheeseburger themed sloppy joes! Sloppy Joes are sandwiches filled with a meat ‘sauce’ consisting mainly of ground beef and and a tasty sauce to help keep it together, keep it moist and add flavour! They kind remind me of burgers, only easier to make, since you can skip forming the beef into patties, so I often make burger themed sloppy joes and they are amazing! This is basically a standard sloppy joe recipe with the addition of bacon and cheese which are both mixed right into the beef sauce and then I add my favourite burger toppings to the sandwich to finish them off! In addition to tasting great, these sandwiches are super easy to make and kid friendly making for a nice weeknight meal!
Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes
Quick, easy, ooey, gooey, messy, tasty and kid friendly cheese burgers in Sloppy Joe form!
- 6 ounces bacon, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup ketchup (or BBQ sauce)
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper (or steak seasoning) to taste
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 buns (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- Cook the bacon in skillet before setting aside on paper towels and draining off most of the bacon grease from the pan.
- Add the beef and onions and cook over medium-high heat breaking the beef up as you cook it and drain any excess grease from the pan.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add the mixture of the corn starch and broth, followed by the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning and cook until the sauce thickens a bit, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the bacon and cheese and cook until the cheese melts.
- Divide the filling between the buns and enjoy!
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Texmex Sloppy Joes
Bacon Cheeseburger Omelette
Bacon Double Cheese Burger Salad
Bacon Double Cheese Burger Dip
Bacon Double Cheeseburger Soup
Bacon Double Cheeseburger Grilled Cheese Sandwich
One Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sloppy Joes
Sloppy Joe Mac n Cheese
Japanese Dry Curry
Frito Pie Sloppy Joes
Candice Laurence says
Oh my goodness, this recipe sounds so wonderful!!! I love sloppy joes!! I am going to send it to a friend who doesn’t cook but loves them too. We’ll see if she makes them.
cristina kadonsky says
Looks amazing for my family, are the 32 carbs included with the bun?
Most of the carbs come from the buns. Enjoy!
Beautiful photo of the pot of meat!! First thing I thought was that would be good over a baked potato!!
Faye Swicord says
Love these recipes