My next grilled cheese sandwich for National Grilled Cheese Month combines two childhood favourites, sloppy joes and grilled cheese, for one really sloppy sandwich that’s kid approved! Sloppy Joes are a quick and easy meal consisting of ground meat in a sauce that’s served in a bun and as its name suggests it can be a little messy to eat. I figured that you really could not go wrong taking the filling of one already tasty sandwich and throwing it into a grilled cheese sandwich with plenty of ooey gooey melted cheese and golden brown, toasty and buttery bread! This is one of those cases where taking two things results in something that is greater than the sum of its part and this is one truly tasty grilled cheese sandwich! Like the sloppy joe, this grilled cheese can be a bit messy but it is definitely worth it! The next time you make sloppy joes, make extra for sloppy joe grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch the next day!
This sloppy joe grilled cheese goes well with coleslaw , corn chips and a pickle on the side.
Of course you could always throw the coleslaw into the sandwich!
With the coleslaw this sloppy joe grilled cheese gets even tastier but much messier! 🙂
Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese Sandwich
A grilled cheese sandwich with a sloppy joe filling; a truly sloppy grilled cheese sandwich!
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup cheddar, room temperature and shredded
- 1/2 cup sloppy joes or texmex sloppy joes
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, place one slice in the pan with buttered side down, top with half of the cheddar followed by the sloppy joes, the remaining cheddar and finally the other slice of bread with buttered side up.
- Grill until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Texmex Sloppy Joes
BBQ Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese
Bacon Double Cheeseburger Grilled Cheese Sandwich
BLT Grilled Cheese (BLTGC)
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich
Chicken Fajita Grilled Cheese
Taco Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Korean Meatloaf Patty Melt
Salisbury Steak Grilled Cheese with Mushroom Gravy
Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes