A guacamole grilled cheese sandwich has been on my to try list for a while now and since I was making the bacon guacamole on the weekend I figured I would just pick up double the ingredients and make both. The basic idea behind this grilled cheese is quite simple and it started out with just adding guacamole to a grilled cheese but with the success of combining salty bacon-y magnificence with cool and creamy guacamole I could not resist adding a few slices of bacon to the sandwich. I also had some leftover corn tortilla chips from dipping on the weekend so I decided to crumble a few of them and add them to the sandwich for texture.
Like all grilled cheese sandwiches this one is pretty easy to make though you want to try to remember to pull the guacamole out of the fridge early so that it can come up to room temperature before adding it to the sandwich. Having all of the ingredients of the sandwich at room temperature is going to help ensure that the cheese melts into ooey gooey goodness so pull the cheese and butter out of the fridge at the same time as the guacamole. The only real problem with this guacamole grilled cheese sandwich is that it can be a bit messy to eat but I was not really thinking about that as I wolfed mine down. This sandwich is certainly one amazing way to enjoy any leftover guacamole and it is even worth making a fresh batch of guacamole just to make some grilled cheese!
Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich
A buttery and toasty grilled cheese sandwich stuffed with cool and creamy guacamole, crispy bacon and melted jack and cheddar cheese. The crunchy crumbled tortilla chips in this grilled cheese pay tribute to the classic combination of tortilla chips and guacamole dip.
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 slices sour dough bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup jack and cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons guacamole, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon tortilla chips, crumbled (optional)
- Cook the bacon until crispy and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheese onto the unbuttered side of one slice of bread followed by the guacamole, bacon, tortilla chips, the remaining cheese and finally top with the remaining slice of bread with the buttered side up.
- Grill over medium heat until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Spinach Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Guacamole Omelette with Salsa
Spicy Peanut Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich (aka The Chicken Satay Melt)
Bacon Jam and Guacamole Quesadilla with Fried Egg with Bacon Jam Vinaigrette Drizzle
Bacon and Fried Green Tomato Pimento Grilled Cheese
Bacon Double Cheeseburger Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Balsamic Roasted Cherry, Dark Chocolate and Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Bacon Wrapped Guacamole Stuffed Chicken
Bacon Wrapped Guacamole Stuffed Burgers
Bacon and Avocado Monte Cristo Sandwich with Jalapeno Jelly
Pesto Smashed Chickpea and Avocado Sandwich
Crispy Fried Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich