I recently made some slow cooker roast beef and I could not help but think that the leftovers would make amazing sandwiches, especially for enjoying while watching the football playoffs this weekend! Roast beef can be used in so many different kinds of sandwiches (See below the recipe for links!) and this time I just could not decide which one to make so I made one sandwich that combines them all! One sandwich to rule them all! This roast beef sandwich combines the basic roast beef sandwich, the french dip sandwich the grilled cheese sandwich and even the Philly cheesesteak style sandwich all in one! You basically take the roast beef and combine it with sauteed onions and peppers, along with plenty of cheese, stuff all between two slices of buttered bread and grill it up so that it’s nice and lightly golden brown, crispy and good and the cheese has melted! The sandwich is then served with some of the juices (au jus) from the roast for dipping the sandwich into! Yum! This mouthful of a slow cooker roast beef philly cheesesteak french dip grilled cheese sandwich is sure to satisfy your hunger and set your tastebuds alight!
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Philly Cheesesteak French Dip Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Slow cooker roast beef served Philly cheesesteak style with peppers and onion and cheese in a grilled cheese sandwich with a side of ‘au jus’ for dipping!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 8 slices bread
- 2 cups slow cooker roast beef
- 2 cups provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 cup juices from slow cooker roast beef (warm)
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the onions and pepper and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes, before adding the garlic and cooking for another half a minute.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheese onto the unbuttered sides of half of the slices of bread followed by 1/4 of the mixture of the roast beef and the onions and peppers, followed by the remaining cheese and finally topping with the remaining slices of bread with the buttered side up.
- Grill over medium heat until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve with the juices on the side for dipping!
Option: Use your favourite cheese instead of provolone!
Slow Cooker Roast Beef French Dip Sandwich
Pot Roast Sandwich Smothered in Gravy with Melted Swiss Cheese and Horseradish Mayonnaise
Apple BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches with Apple Slaw
Roast Beef Sandwich with Caramelized Onions and Grainy Mustard, Horseradish Mayo
Roast Beef with Caramelized Onions on Gorgonzola Toast
Corned Beef Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Guinness Caramelized Onions
Kimchi Reuben Sandwich
Breakfast Reuben Sandwich
Pineapple Char Siu Pulled Pork Sliders
Salsa Verde Pulled Chicken Sandwich
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich
BBQ Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese
Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken
Crispy Beer Battered Fish Sandwich
Vietnamese BBQ Pulled Pork Banh Mi
Corned Beef Cuban Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Roast Beef Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Caramelized Onions, Peppers and Horseradish
Black and Blue Steak Sandwich
Roast Beef Philly Cheese Steak Dip
Korean Meatloaf Patty Melt
Salisbury Steak Grilled Cheese with Mushroom Gravy
Pot Roast Grilled Cheese French Dip Sandwich with Spicy Miso Au Jus
Roast Beef Sandwiches with Horseradish Sauce
White BBQ Chicken Sandwich