I cannot believe that it is already mid October and I still have not done anything with my favourite winter green vegetable, brussels sprouts! As soon as I had this thought I had to resolve the problem and I knew exactly what I was going to make first, a brussels sprout dip which I have been wanting to try ever since I came across the idea on Minimalist Baker. You could cook the brussels sprouts any way that you want for this dip but roasted brussels sprouts are the bees knees so I went with them and since I was roasting them I threw in a few cloves of garlic to as well. (Roasted garlic is the best!) Once the brussels sprouts have been roasted this dip is as easy to make as mixing it all up and baking until the cheese is all melted, ooey and gooey! Given how much I enjoy both brussels sprouts and hot cheesy dips, I knew that this roasted brussels sprout dip was sure to be a winner and it did not disappoint!
With this dip there is no reason to not eat your brussels sprouts! Even brussels sprouts haters will be asking for the recipe!
Of course everything tastes better with bacon and brussels sprouts and bacon go amazingly well together!
Don’t worry about the brussels sprouts getting a bit charred when roasting them as those caramelized bits are the best part!
I have been wanting to try a brussels sprout side dish with bacon and kimchi and I could not help but think of trying the combo in this dip so I made a second batch with it! I have to say that the spicy kimchi goes really well when combined with roasted brussels sprouts and bacon in this hot melted cheese dip!
Hot Cheesy Roasted Brussels Sprout Dip
Roasted brussels sprouts in a creamy hot melted cheese dip!
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano (parmesan), grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss the brussels sprouts in the olive oil, salt and pepper, spread them out in a single layer on a baking sheet along with the cloves of garlic and roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until golden brown, about 20-30 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic from the skins, mix everything, place in a baking dish and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until lightly golden brown on top and bubbling on the sides, about 15-20 minutes.
Option: Add 4 slices cooked crumbled bacon.
Option: Add 1/2 cup chopped kimchi.
Tip: Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet when roasting the brussels sprouts or they will steam rather than roast.
Roasted Brussels Sprout Carbonara
Roasted Brussels Sprouts au Gratin
Maple Dijon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Pine Nuts
Roasted Cauliflower and Aged White Cheddar Dip
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
4 Cheese Hot Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Hot Cheesy Mushroom Dip
Brussels Sprout and Mushroom Hash
Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Double Smoked Bacon
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Halloumi Sliders
Hot Melted Caprese Dip
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Dip
Cajun Shrimp and Andouille Cheese Dip