The markets have been filled with red peppers these past few weeks and I picked up a rather large basket of them for roasting! I like to make my own roasted red peppers because it is so easy, cheap and good! They keep well in the freezer so I freeze a lot of them for use throughout the winter but I could not resist using a few and this roasted red pepper dip has been on my mind for a while now. This dip is really simple hot melted cheese dip that consists of the roasted red peppers along with no less that four kinds of cheese! I went with a small Spanish theme using manchego as one of the cheeses and I included a touch of smoked paprika. You really cannot go wrong with a hot melted cheese dip and the roasted red peppers really make this one shine!
Are the crackers not getting enough dip for you, try crostini!
This dip is best served hot.
4 Cheese Hot Roasted Red Pepper Dip
A hot roasted red pepper dip with no less than 4 kinds of cheese melted into the mix!
- 2 roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup manchego, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- pepper to taste
- Mix everything, place in baking dish and bake at 350F/180C until golden brown on top and bubbling on the sides, about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!