The markets have been filled with red peppers these past few weeks and I picked up a rather large basket of them for roasting! I like to make my own roasted red peppers because it is so easy, cheap and good! They keep well in the freezer so I freeze a lot of them for use throughout the winter but I could not resist using a few and this roasted red pepper dip has been on my mind for a while now. This dip is really simple hot melted cheese dip that consists of the roasted red peppers along with no less that four kinds of cheese! I went with a small Spanish theme using manchego as one of the cheeses and I included a touch of smoked paprika. You really cannot go wrong with a hot melted cheese dip and the roasted red peppers really make this one shine!
This dip is best served hot.
4 Cheese Hot Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Prep Time:10 minutes Cook Time:25 minutes Total Time:35 minutes Servings: 4
A hot roasted red pepper dip with no less than 4 kinds of cheese melted into the mix!
- 2 roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup manchego, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- pepper to taste
- Mix everything, place in baking dish and bake at 350F/180C until golden brown on top and bubbling on the sides, about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Slow Cooker: Mix everything, place it in the slow cooker and cook until the cheese is nice and melted about 1-2 hours on high or 2-4 hours on low.