So, you thought that I was just going to use that balsamic vinaigrette on salads eh? Though I will be using it on some salads the primary reason that I made was for these balsamic roasted brussels sprouts. After the success of the maple dijon roasted brussels sprouts it got me to thinking about other dressings that would work on brussels sprouts. One brussels sprouts dish that I always enjoy is roasted brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar and toasted pine nuts and I knew that it was time for a new and improved version that uses a more flavourful balsamic vinaigrette rather that just the balsamic vinegar. These balsamic roasted brussels sprouts with toasted pine nuts are definitely a winner! The balsamic vinaigrette is definitely more tasty and has a more well rounded flavour than the simple balsamic vinegar.
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Pine Nuts
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts (trimmed and halved)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup pine nuts slices (toasted)
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (grated, optional)
- Toss the brussels sprouts in the oil along with the salt and pepper.
- Arrange the brussels sprouts in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until they start to caramelize, flipping them once in between, about 30 minutes.
- Toss the brussels sprouts in the balsamic vinaigrette along with the pine nuts and garnish with the parmigiano reggiano.